The Arizona Cardinals are calling executive VP and COO Ron Minegar's arrest on suspicion of DUI "inexcusable," adding he "is fortunate that he was pulled over before injuring anyone or himself."

Minegar, 60, was stopped at around 11:30 p.m. local time Saturday in Chandler, Arizona, for speeding, failure to drive within one lane of traffic and driving within the bicycle lane, police said (via the Arizona Republic).

He subsequently was arrested on suspicion of DUI, according to police. He was cited and released, but the investigation is ongoing.

The Cardinals released a statement Sunday regarding Minegar's arrest:

“Ron Minegar's actions last night are inexcusable. He made the decision to drive after drinking alcohol and is fortunate that he was pulled over before injuring anyone or himself. According to MADD, drunk driving results in almost 11,000 deaths per year and is the number one cause of fatalities on roadways. We fully recognize the seriousness of these actions and they will have serious consequences.”

Minegar, who has been with the team since 2000, is the second member of the Cardinals front office to be arrested on DUI charges in a little more than a year.

In 2018, general manager Steve Keim was arrested over the Fourth of July weekend and later pleaded guilty to extreme DUI. He was suspended five weeks by team president Michael Bidwill and also fined $200,000.

Minegar also is the fourth person associated with the team to be involved

in brushes with the law within the past two months, according to the Republic.

— Starting defensive end Darius Philon was arrested Friday on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon stemming from a May incident at a Phoenix strip club. He was released by the team on Saturday. 

— Last month, defensive tackle and former first-round pick Robert Nkemdiche was arrested twice within a week for speeding and driving on a suspended license. He was released after reporting to training camp out of shape.

— In June, offensive tackle Desmond Harrison turned himself in to North Carolina authorities after an arrest warrant was issued on domestic violence assault charges. He subsequently was released.